Saturday Sky with Lighthouse - Part 2
The Low Lighthouse in Harwich, with the High Lighthouse in the background.
Ships approaching the harbour in the 1800's would align the lights of these two lighthouses to steer a safe course up the channel. Over time the channel shifted and these lights became redundant in 1863, replaced by the Leading Lights further west along the shore in Dovercourt.
The Low Lighthouse is now the home of the Harwich Maritime Museum.