Saturday Sky with Lighthouse
The Harwich High Lighthouse was built in 1818, replacing an earlier lighthouse which sat over the town gate. It and the Low Lighthouse 150 yards away on the shore served as "leading lights" - a view of one light positioned over the other meant a ship was on the correct course into the harbour. Over time the harbour channel shifted and the lights became redundant in 1863.
The lighthouse now houses the National Vintage Wireless and Television Museum.