So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Sunday 13 May 2007

Super Seraphina

I've just completed my first Seraphina Shawl. I love this pattern! It was a bit confusing at first but the pictures are a great help. Once I got my head around the repeats I was away.


















This one is for my aunt. I inherited my mum's stash and decided to use some of it (there's tons!) to make something for each member of the family. The problem is that there's mostly only one or two balls of each yarn, so I've been making scarves. I had six 50g balls of this yarn so I thought I could get away with a shawl. Well, it was just barely enough - it seemed to be worsted weight but it worked up like chunky and I had to use a K hook. In the end, one ball did only two rows. Thank goodness for blocking, which added a few inches.


The very next morning I started this one:

I found the mohair at a charity shop in Rickmansworth - £1.99/$3.94 for about 400g. Yes!














When that one is done I'm going to make one with this ball of Sirdar YoYo. Can't wait to see the colour changes.














Another bargain - the 400g balls sell for about £16.50/$32.69 but I got this one off of eBay for £10.50/$20.80 delivered. Like I need more yarn, yeah.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 13 May, 2007 23:16, Blogger Sus said…

    Gorgeous shawl, just simply gorgeous. And what a nice thought to make the family members items from your mother's yarn! Love your bargains, too (thanks for the conversions!) -- can't wait to see the finished projects!

     
  • At 14 May, 2007 08:19, Blogger jmk said…

    It is a lovely pattern, isn't it? Just so lacy and drapey and... gorgeous! Once I work out just how much yarn I need to make a decent sized one I'll be scouring my stash for more Seraphina candidates.

     
  • At 19 May, 2007 23:03, Blogger Karen said…

    Very pretty indeed -- nice work.

     
  • At 21 May, 2007 07:22, Blogger jmk said…

    Thank you, Karen! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands