I've just completed my first Seraphina Shawl
. I love
this pattern! It was a bit confusing at first but the pictures are a great help. Once I got my head around the repeats I was away.
This one is for my aunt. I inherited my mum's stash and decided to use some of it (there's tons!) to make something for each member of the family. The problem is that there's mostly only one or two balls of each yarn, so I've been making scarves. I had six 50g balls of this yarn so I thought I could get away with a shawl. Well, it was just barely enough - it seemed to be worsted weight but it worked up like chunky and I had to use a K hook. In the end, one ball did only two rows. Thank goodness for blocking, which added a few inches.
The very next morning I started this one:
I found the mohair at a charity shop in Rickmansworth
- £1.99/$3.94 for about 400g. Yes!
When that one is done I'm going to make one with this ball of Sirdar YoYo. Can't wait to see the colour changes.
Another bargain - the 400g balls sell for about £16.50/$32.69 but I got this one off of eBay for £10.50/$20.80 delivered. Like I need more yarn, yeah.
Labels: crochet, local info, pattern