So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Monday 18 June 2007

Fresh Snow

In an earlier Snowflake Monday post I showed off my competition winning snowflake design (yes, in a field of two - ok, ok, moving on). As promised, here is the pattern. Since first working this flake I've redesigned the centre slightly.

Crystal Snowflake
(American notation)

Picot = work stated number of chains, slst in furthest chain from hook.

Rnd 1) Ch2, 6sc in 2nd ch from hk, join w slst to top of beg sc.

Rnd 2) Working in bl only: ch1, sc in same st, ch2, sc in same st, (sc, ch2, sc) in ea sc around, join w slst to top of beg sc.

Rnd 3) Slst into ch2-sp, ch3, dc in same sp, ch7, (2dc in nxt ch2-sp, ch7) around, join w slst to top of beg ch3.

Rnd 4) *Ch3, 5ch-picot, 6ch-picot, 8ch-picot, 6ch-picot, slst in base of prev 6ch-picot, 5ch-picot, slst in base of prev 5ch-picot, ch3, slst in nxt dc, ch4, tr in same dc, hdc in ch7 loop, tr in nxt dc, ch4, slst in same dc, rep from * around, working last tr and ch4 in same dc as beg ch3.

Copyright © 2007, Judy M Kerr. All Rights Reserved.

Please let me know if I've messed this up anywhere.




ETA: There's another pattern here if you're interested.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

  • At 20 June, 2007 20:08, Blogger christmascarol42 said…

    This snowflake is just lovely, I wish I could make up a pattern but that is not happening now. Congratulations

     
  • At 20 June, 2007 20:24, Blogger jmk said…

    Thank you very much, christmascarol (love the name!). I don't think I could just sit down and "dream one up" but with the picture to go by it wasn't too bad. Having made a lot of other peoples' flakes helped.

     
  • At 21 June, 2007 16:32, Blogger Sus said…

    Hi! I'm alive again! Thanks for the pattern -- I'm making it for sure! Although maybe not the rest of the SS flakes... I haven't been liking them and I'm just not very motivated to continue them. I may change my mind though. But I love your pattern and it will probably be the next one I make! Thanks again for the pattern!

     
  • At 21 June, 2007 16:49, Blogger jmk said…

    Yea, she's back! I missed ya! Hope you had a wonderful time.

    I'm not crazy about some of the flakes we've had to do either but so far so good. If we get a non-six-pointer, though, I'm outta here, LOL! I've posted my views on anything-other-than-a-six-point snowflake before.

     
  • At 22 November, 2008 21:15, Blogger julia said…

    I LOVE it, but I can't understand the (simple) instructions and I am going nuts because I SO want to make snowflakes, lots of snowflakes and a snowflake afghan

     
  • At 23 November, 2008 19:11, Blogger jmk said…

    Mouse -
    I've sent you an email. Must support the snowflake cause!

     
  • At 09 December, 2008 17:43, Blogger Charlie said…

    So...What size yarn and needles do you use?

     
  • At 09 December, 2008 21:27, Blogger jmk said…

    Hi Charlie -

    I tend to use #20 crochet cotton and a 10 hook. This particular flake came out 3" for me but I do crochet loosely.

    HTH!

     
  • At 02 December, 2009 18:28, Blogger Snowcatcher said…

    Okay, so I'm a latecomer to the party... I love this flake! Thanks for sharing! I enjoy your thoughtful quotes, too.

     
  • At 02 December, 2009 21:17, Blogger jmk said…

    Thank you, Snowcatcher :-) I love your latest flake and I've been working my way through the rest of your blog. The digital quilts are gorgeous!

     
  • At 16 December, 2009 21:35, Blogger Unknown said…

    I've made over 30 this year and sent out as Christmas cards. THis is the prettiest snowflake pattern I've found. Thank you for the pattern.

     
  • At 17 December, 2009 16:39, Blogger jmk said…

    Oh my! That's very kind of you. There are lots of lovely flakes out there but I'm pleased you like my little offering. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands