So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Friday 14 August 2009

I Love the NHS

Greetings, American readers.

Things are going a little crazy in your neck of the woods. Just wanted to drop my 2¢ in here.

I lived in the United States for 11 years. Some of my family still does. I had really good medical cover through the company I worked for and, thankfully, never needed any major medical treatment. If either of those hadn't been the case, I might well not be "talking" to you now.

Our National Health Service (NHS) isn't perfect - no system ever is - but it's wonderful. If I come down with Swine Flu or get hit by a bus or need an operation I don't even have consider how much the treatment is going to cost me and whether I can afford it. I can concentrate on getting better.

My family has needed the services of the NHS on many occasions over the years, sometimes for very serious complaints, and I am thankful and grateful for the excellent care we have received.

And if you're not sure what I'm talking about, may I recommend Michael Moore's "Sicko"?

Stay healthy! xx

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands