So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Tuesday 22 April 2008

Apple Tree Redux

I thought you might appreciate a more spring-like view of the ornamental apple tree than my Easter Day offering. The apples are gone now (so is the snow) and the lovely pink blossoms are starting to open.

Apple Tree 080419

The apples might make nice jelly, I haven't tried. But they stay on the tree all winter and look so pretty when everything else is grey. By late February/early March they've softened up enough for the blackbirds to eat. Then, mid-April, just before the flowers come out, I remove about half a carrier bag-full of apples.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 23 April, 2008 13:07, Blogger Sus said…

    That tree is so cute. Flowering trees are such a welcome sign of spring, aren't they? Apple jelly is my favorite -- good luck making some!

     
  • At 25 April, 2008 16:36, Blogger jmk said…

    Hey, Sus! Lovely to hear from you. Apple jelly was always my Dad's favourite. I've never made jelly (made jam, though) - I'll have to give it a try.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands